Friday, May 13, 2011

Medic! Guest Post from My Husband

How many times have you heard that phrase? It’s in practically every military movie. Medics are called when people are injured, sick, and/or at the end of their rope. We are fixers, there aren’t many things we aren’t trained to handle. When Jenni and I discovered having baby wasn’t going to just happen the easy way, I wanted to cry MEDIC! There really isn’t anything to make the news come easy.
    It
Makes
You
Question
EVERYTHING.
Your mind becomes flooded with questions:
“How can this happen to us? What did we do to deserve this? How much is this going to cost? What are our options? How will this affect our relationship? Where is God in this? Does this mean never or will it get better? Where is the justice?”

I can’t even begin to comprehend what Jenni’s going through……
SO…
We began our journey in infertility. At first it didn’t seem real, almost like we were in a fog. Then the tests came and the fog lifted quickly.  Jenni became a pin cushion and blood was drawn, medications were injected, and she became an excel champion tracking all sorts of things.  I felt helpless, trying to offer moral support and empathy. I wanted to take her place seeing her heartbreak daily because of the unknown. I’ve learned listening isn’t enough, communication is the real cure. At first my words escaped me, Jenni wondered if I cared…which I did, but sometimes my off colored humor didn’t help. I still managed to get her to smile, that beautiful smile I fell in Love with. There are times though when all the pieces fall apart. I’ve learned that sometimes you have to let the pieces fall because there is nothing you can do to stop them from falling, but the greatest thing to do is to be there to help put the pieces back one piece at a time. One day we will be stronger because of this……
“God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain” C.S. Lewis
“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment