Friday, March 18, 2011

Shot in the Arm

Well the fifth round of Clomid is finally over, and I have to say it went about as well as it could as far as side effects. I have come to terms with the fact that I just do not sleep well for about a week, a small sacrifice if it works. Tuesday we had yet another ultrasound to check follicle size, they were a little smaller than they would like. I was a little disappointed but had expected the worst and this wasn’t the worst so I was hopeful. Instead of doing the trigger then, I had another ultrasound yesterday. And guess what? I had 3 good follicles, 3! That means I got an expensive shot in the arm, and we hope for the best.
                Regardless, we are schedule to see the RE later this month. And it is just one of those facts that makes all of this more real. I have very few ideas about what to expect, and it will be interesting to be in a waiting room where everyone is there for the same thing. Right now when I go to the OB/GYN it is always a game of I’m not going to stare at you but I’m trying to figure out why you are here, you don’t look pregnant. I think we sometimes forget that gynecologist do more than deliver babies. But then again, I know a little bit about what it will be like. It will be similar to when I had to visit the hematologist/oncologist. You sit in the waiting room and although there are plenty of things to lighten the mood, it is a pretty depressing setting because you are only there if there is/was recently something wrong. I’m not really sure what to do about that.    

1 comment: